Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tolerance of Arabia

I say! Those Saudis have really stepped over the mark this time.... Perhaps not known for being the most tolerant of countries at the best of times, the authorities have now added to their global popularity by ordering a 22 year old woman to receive 60 lashes, after being charged with involvement in a television show in which a Saudi man talks about.... gasp, sex!

Now I know we Brits are viewed as the prudes of the world (why only the other day Jimmy accused me of hiding his copy of Playboy. We all know it was Geraldine who took it), but this over-reaction makes us Poms look like floozies.

The poor woman was only involved in preparing the program, and hadn't had any involvement with the episode in question. The man who talked about his active sex life was also charged, and ordered to receive 1,000 lashes.

Two points I wish to make:

1) Saudi Arabia - let it go. We all know your princes come over to London and have it away with high end prostitutes, so don't pretend you're above coitus.
2) Several of my friends would quite enjoy the punishment of being whipped. Whoever thought that would 'teach people a lesson' should take a trip to a dominatrix. Why, only the other day I had my......

Ahem.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment