Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lady in Glitter


Good Afternoon, this is Cynthia Meridian finally ready to come clean on the guiltiest pleasure of my summer. No, it's not the 13 dollar smoothie I indulged in the other day packed full with expensive wheat grass and omega-3 berries. No, it's not the ripple chested, tan pool boy I shamelessly stare at when my pool is being cleaned. And no, it is not the diamond encrusted flip flops I just had to buy the other day when I was out because I thought they would look good with this outfit I have to wear to a benefit on Friday.

No, ladies and gentlemen. It is none of those things.

Cynthia Meridian's guiltiest pleasure of all guilty pleasures this summer is:

Lady Gaga.

You have probably heard her songs on the radio, such as:

"Just Dance" singing lyrics like "Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, work it hustle/I got it, just stay close enough to get it" "Just dance, gonna be okay, da-da-doo-doo mmmm"

"Poker Face" singing lyrics like "I won't tell you that I love you/Kiss or hug you/Cause I'm bluffin with my muffin."

And

"Disco Stick" singing lyrics like "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick/I want to take a ride on your disco stick."

Hence the guilty pleasure......But this girl is smart. A new kind of pop star smart. As reported on www.slate.com, this girl has taken tween idol stardom and turned it into her own brand of show stopping. She makes no promises of her virginity, she would rather scare boys than whip them into a sexual frenzy, and she's kinda snobby with her pop references and idols. She is a woman of now. Proud and incharge. Hopefully weaving her way out of the pop idol breakdown like her former idol Ms. Britney Spears.

Also, her makeup is fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment