Tuesday, April 7, 2009

BBC Blunder


I say, if it's not one thing it's another....  I seem to be all tooth and no trousers this week.  But that's a story for another blog. Anyway, it seems the Beeb have boobed once again, after one of their presenters made a rather barbed comment about jockey Liam Treadwell's teeth, shortly after he had ridden a 100-1 outsider to victory in the Grand National.

Treadwell had just sprung a surprise win in the National when presenter Clare Balding asked him to pose for the camera, adding that his teeth perhaps weren't the best in the world, but never mind, he could afford to get them done now.  Oh dear...

The BBC have since issued an apology for the remarks.  It may have left a bad taste in Treadwell's mouth, but I'm sure Balding is tearing her hair out at her faux pas.

Now I must be off and pick up my winnings from the bookies!  Have a wonderful evening all!

Nelson Ramsbottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment