Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Exit, stage left


Good evening! Nelson Ramsbottom here with this week's world view. I've been quite busy recently writing my memoirs of my time at Eton, inspired after I'd seen Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last week. Of course we didn't have magic wands, but the professors certainly did. But that's a story for another post. Perhaps. Anyway, where was I?.... Ah yes.

Now I know it's easy to forget about what's happening in the middle east with everything that's occupying our little minds at the moment; everything from economic flu to swine downturn and whatnot. But I was greatly relieved to hear that, after more than 6 years of activity, Britain has finally ended it's military mission in Iraq. The whole shannanigans began as a result of two idiots getting together and having a really jolly good idea. Well, actually one idiot bullied the other spineless 'colleague' into joining him, whatever the cost. Said spineless colleague lied to the people who had put him in charge of their country, spent an awful lot of money (that probably came from a sub-prime mortgage), and generally behaved like an idiot. The bully was just, well, stupid. Thankfully those buffoons are well out of the way now (although I have to say the replacement in Blighty isn't much better), but the damage has been done. I have nothing but admiration for the bravery and dedication of the troops who passed through Iraq, and sympathy for the families of those who lost their lives for a lumpen turdbucket in Downing Street, and a strawhead in Washington. Welcome home boys!

Until next week, tatty-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment