Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hop, Skip and a Push....

Good evening! Nelson Ramsbottom here with another world view for the Meridian 13 News Team. I must say, I've had rather a spot of trouble getting my hydrangea to flower this week, but that's a story for another time....

Anyway back to my story. It's all been happening on the Haizhu Bridge in Southern China this week. Old Mr Chen Fuchao was so fed up with his debt problems (and who isn't?!) that he climbed on to the bridge, a popular spot for 'jumpers', and threatened to jump. His money issues started when a construction project fell through apparently. Now, I don't mean to preach, but really! If you're going to do it, do it properly. Chen held up the traffic on the bridge for hours on end as police tried to coax him down from his perch. He'd have been far better risking his life on a coach journey down the M6 in Worcestershire.... Anyway, to cut a long story short one driver got so impatient he broke through the police courdon, shook hands with Mr Fuchao, by way of a greeting, then promptly pushed the old fellow off! Jolly good show! For better or worse Chen landed on a partially inflated emergency air cushion, and suffered only minor injuries, from which he is recovering in a local hospital.

I'm sure Confucius would have had one or two things to say about this, but I'm buggered if I know what they would have been....

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment